Perfect skin begins with a good, consistent skincare regime. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the best out of your skin in your morning regime.
Well-cared for skin looks smooth, feels soft, looks younger and provides a perfect canvas for make-up. Caring for it doesn't have to be complicated. Use the following tips and tricks to help you streamline and uncomplicate your morning skincare regime.
- When you wash your face at night, you're removing layers of make-up, oil, grime and environmental pollutants from your skin. In the morning, your skin is nowhere near as "dirty" as it is at the end of the day! You can easily run the risk of stripping healthy oils from your skin if you use the same cleanser in the morning as at night. The warm water of the shower will rinse away most of the oil buildup on your skin, and to remove the rest, use a cotton pad or ball saturated in toner to wipe away the rest. It should do the trick!
- If your skin is very oily or you just have to use a cleanser for it to feel clean, use one that's mild. If your skin looks red or feels tight after using it, it's too strong. Trying washing your face in the shower - the steam helps open the pores on your face.
- The number one skin-damaging agent is the sun. Not only can it lead to skin cancer, it also prematurely ages your skin. Sun damage is irreversible and can be very costly
to minimize, so don't let it happen in the first place! Wear sunscreen specifically designed for your face, or use a moisturizer with sunscreen - no less than 15 SPF.
- Wear sunscreen all year round - not only in the summer! On an overcast day or in the winter months, the sun is less of a danger, but it can still damage your skin.
- Your throat and upper chest are almost always as exposed as your face, so apply sunscreen there too. You don't want to flawlessly protect your face and leave your throat
and decolletage open to sun damage and premature aging!
- Use a moisturizer that nourishes your skin, but isn't too heavy. If you'll be applying make-up, you want a smooth, moisturized finish to your skin. If your moisturizer is too heavy,your make-up will slide right off and if your moisturizer is too light, your make-up will sink into your skin, leaving it looking dry and dehydrated.
- Use the tips of your fingers to tap the moisturizer into your skin, applying more in dry ares.
- Don't forget your throat and upper chest!
- Do not use a moisturizer that contains Vitamin A during the day. Vitamin A makes the skin more susceptible to sun damage, so use it only at night.
- Try a tinted moisturizer in the summer months. These often come with sunscreen, and feel much lighter than wearing foundation.
- Believe it or not, make-up acts as a layer of protection for your skin. But up until now many products didn't allow the skin to breathe under it, often creating a
vicious circle by causing the problems they help to cover up! Look for products that use natural, healthy ingredients that do more than just cover up your skin.
- There are many brands of all-natural mineral make-up now available that are actually good for your skin. These often come with an SPF and because they're
foundation, concealer and powder in one, can significantly shorten your make-up application time!
- Wear only as much make-up as you need to. Choose a foundation that matches the lightest part of your face and apply only where you need to even
out your skin tone.
Read more health and beauty articles...